All tourist cards and passes for Porto, such as the Porto City Pass and Porto Card; which tourist cards is worth the money or saves you waiting times?
Review: Tourist Cards & Porto City Pass
In Porto you have only a few Porto City Passes to choose. A number of these Porto city passes really save you money or are especially very easy, such as the Porto City Card. We list the pros and cons of all discount cards for you, so that you can consider which tourist or travel card is most suitable for you.
1) Recommended: Porto City Card
In my opinion, this Porto City Card is the best city pass for a city trip to Porto. With one purchase you have three important tickets that will complete your experience of a Porto city trip, such as a tour in a port cellar, a fado show and a cruise on the Douro. And even better; with the tourist card you get all tickets online and you do not have to collect your tickets in Porto. Book your Porto City Card easily via this link. You can reserve your desired dates and time slots during the booking process. After payment you will receive your tickets by email or you can show them via your smartphone.
This Porto City Pass contains a number of important tickets:
- Ticket for the Cathedral of Porto (including cloister and tower viewpoint)
- Ticket for the 6-bridges cruise on the Douro on a restored rabelo boat
- Guided tour of the Port wine cellars of Cálem (with port wine tasting)
- 48 hours hop on hop off bus
- Traditional Fado show
- More info and bookings Porto City Card
The Porto Card is the official city pass of Porto and this pass has the great advantage that it includes public transport (depending on your chosen option for 1, 2, 3 or 4 days). The disadvantage of this travel card is that you still have to exchange the voucher for a physical card, but this can, for example, already be done at the airport. The 6 free museums are also not the most visited museums in Porto. Conclusion: this card is only interesting if you are going to use frequently the public transport or if you are going to visit many attractions with the discount. More about the Porto Card.
This Porto.Card contains the following benefits:
- Free public transport (metro, STCP buses, CP trains) for 1, 2, 3 or 4 days
- Entrance to 6 museums (Casa do Infante, Casa-Museu Guerra Junqueiro, Casa-Museu Marta Ortigão Sampaio, Museu Romântico, Museu do Papel Moeda, Museu do Vinho do Porto)
- Discount on more than 170 sights, such as museums, monuments, port cellars and cruises on the Douro
- More info and bookings Porto.Card
3) Yellow Bus Combi
Are you planning to use the Hop-on Hop-off buses? Provider Yellow Bus has a special combi ticket, which includes a visit to the Calém Port cellars and a boat trip over the Douro River. This ticket is much cheaper than buying individual tickets. More about the Yellow Bus Combi.
This Yellow Bus Combi includes access to:
- 48 hour tickets for both routes of the Hop-on Hop-off buses (separate tickets normally 24 euros)
- Visit to the Calém Port cellars
- Cruise with the 6-bridges bopat trip on the Douro
- More info and bookings Yellow Bus Combi
4) Buy individual tickets
If you only want to visit a limited number of attractions, it can also be advantageous to purchase separate tickets instead of a Porto City Pass. The most popular sightseeing tickets: